Things to Do in Savannah: Georgia History Festival
Commemorate the founding of the colony of Georgia on February 12, 1733 at the Georgia History Festival. Hosted by the Georgia Historical Society, this exciting event features more than two weeks of festivities, including a parade, cricket tournament, museum deals and a Colonial Faire and Muster. It's one of the top things to do in Savannah, whether you're a history buff or simply interested in the amazing stories of this destination. Features of the Georgia History Festival include:
Stay at our hotel in the Historic District, and you'll be right in the middle of all the action. Would you like to learn more about the Georgia History Festival, things to do in Savannah, or lodging at our friendly hotel? Please contact us at 1 (912) 233-1011 for more information and to make your booking.
- Monday, February 2 - Kickoff at the Capitol at 11AM
- Thursday, February 5 - Keynote Address at the Coastal Georgia Center at 6:30PM: "Hernando de Soto's Legacy in Georgia, From Capachequi to Coosa"
- Saturday, February 7 and Sunday, February 8 - Colonial Faire and Muster at Wormsloe State Historic Site at 10AM to 4PM
- Sunday, February 8 - Super Museum Sunday at Multiple Sites at 12PM to 4PM
- Thursday, February 12 - Shuman Cup Cricket Tournament at Shuman Elementary School at 9:30AM
- Saturday, February 14 - Trustees Gala at Hyatt Regency
- Wednesday, February 18 - Georgia Day Dignitaries' Coffee at 9AM
- Wednesday, February 18 - Georgia Day Parade at Bull Street at 10:30AM